The CQC inspected the Marsden in May this year, finding particular praise for their Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy services.
Ted Baker, England’s Chief Inspector of Hospitals, said “The trust continues to innovate and provide quality care for its patients. I was particularly impressed with the mobile chemotherapy unit, which provides patients with a service closer to home. There is a culture of innovation and learning throughout the trust. It benchmarks its performance against other specialist cancer centres, both in the UK and globally.”
The Royal Marsden Sutton now becomes one of 29 hospitals providing private healthcare services in the UK to achieve a rating score of Outstanding.
Elsewhere there was less good news with BMI The Hampshire Clinic, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, and the Royal Hampshire County Hospital all dropping down from their Good CQC rating to Requires Improvement.
While Basingstoke and Royal Hampshire hospitals provide some private healthcare treatment, BMI The Hampshire Clinic is a larger provider of private care, with over 5,000 patients treated at the clinic over the last year, according to information published by PHIN.
Mount Stuart Hospital, run by Ramsay Health Care UK, and Royal United Bath, an NHS hospital which treats some private patients, have both improved their services and are now rated as Good by the CQC.
Read about the latest inspection ratings on the CQC website:
- BMI The Hampshire Clinic http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-128766820
- Basingstoke And North Hampshire Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RN506
- Royal Hampshire County Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RN541
- North Devon District Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RBZ12
- Queen Alexandra Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RHU03
- Mount Stuart Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-128732982
- Royal United Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RD130
- Southport & Formby District General Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RVY01
- Royal Marsden Sutton Hospital http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RPY02