The Private Healthcare Information Network (PHIN) is the independent, government-mandated source of information about private healthcare, working to empower patients to make better-informed choices of care provider.
PHIN is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to make more robust information about private healthcare available than ever before, and to improve data quality and transparency.
PHIN’s vision is that all patients considering private healthcare will have access to trustworthy, comprehensive information on both quality and price to help them make their decisions.
Over the next five years, PHIN will become the first service that patients and doctors turn to when they want to understand and choose private healthcare. We will help to raise standards and expectations for the availability, transparency and usability of health information, and act as a model for information governance.
Through our analysis and publication of information, we will develop professional and public understanding of private healthcare, and drive improvement in the quality of services delivered and the outcomes of care and treatment delivered.
- Respect individual privacy and commercial confidentiality at all times
- Be fair and accurate: let both good and poor performance show in our information, and make every effort to make sure that the information is correct
- Be relentless and energetic in improving data quality
- Act to identify and eliminate risks
- Produce information that will be used, and will make an impact for patients
- Present data in a way that is understandable, and easy to interpret
- Search for meaning, insight and utility in information
- Help users to understand what the information means to them
Proactive and responsive
- Consider the needs of patients and stakeholders, and involve them wherever possible
- Strive to improve PHIN’s service, and be open to ideas
- Respond quickly and helpfully to communications and requests
- Remember that each pound we spend comes ultimately from patients
- Balance ambition with responsibility to use time and resources wisely.